Successful Technology Transfer is an important goal of EAM realized within the framework of a three-stage Industrial Liaison Program. The effective collaboration between EAM and industrial partners ranges from local small and medium-sized companies to large international players.
- Stage 1: Industrial Affiliate Forum - Identification of potential partners and preparation for future collaborations
- Stage 2: Preferred Partnerships - Collaborations with limited resources
- Stage 3: Strategic Alliances - Funds exclusively reserved for larger projects on collaborative research on interdisciplinary topics. The Strategic Alliances are strongly related to fundamental science for potentially huge markets (> € 100m market volume) and involve more than one discipline.
During the first EAM funding period, projects with BASF, Süd-Chemie, Bayer Technologies, BMW, and Merck have been realized.
In the second funding period projects with the partners listed below are planned or already underway.
- Bayer Technology Services GmbH, Leverkusen Link
- BASF SE, Ludwigshafen Link
- BMW Group, Munich, Germany Link
- Lanxess GmbH, Leverkusen Link
- Merck KGaA, Darmstadt Link
- Greenerity GmbH, Hanau-Wolfgang Link
- Clariant Produkte GmbH, Frankfurt a. M. Link